This weekend marked Cohen's 2 year gluten free anniversary! He hasn't had gluten (intentionally) in TWO years. He has gone to many birthday parties, school functions, holidays,etc and never once complained about the food others get to eat. He knows how much better he feels when he avoids it which is why I think he is so mature about it and never complains. He is even so mature about it he has declined ordering Chic Fil A from school because he thinks they don't change their gloves before handling his grilled nuggets. So you better believe we will celebrate this day each year with gluten free cake and any gluten free dinner he requests me make. His request this year: gluten free fried chicken, cake and bowling with a friend.
He wanted to help with his cake
Finished cake. Gluten free chocolate cake and icing and powered sugar and his own special chocolate chips.
I think the "fried chicken" was a hit! Cohen loved it and even shared with Jax who seemed to also enjoy it
:)
Zach took the boys bowling (and our friend Daniel who was playing with us for the day) while I worked on the dinner "party". We ended the night with Jax spending the night and Cohen said he had a great celebration!

2 comments:
I am so proud of Cohen!! He could teach me how to eat better just to make myself feel better! He is an inspiration!
I am so glad that Jax can continue to be a part of his special occasions. Jax is still raving about those wings.
Post a Comment