I am really excited about the board I made!
This board is the board we will do every morning to prepare for the day. It consists of the weather, the color of the day, the day of the week, our memory verse and our "virtue" we are studying. I got a laminator that I may or may not be obsessed with so I laminated all of this and put velcro on the backs so the boys can put the days of the week up, weather all by themselves every morning before we start our "school" and we can interchange them daily! I also posted the words to songs that we will sing about the weather and learning our days of the week, which are so cute by the way!
We have 6 memory verses that I hope we can cover in the first few months of school, and we will work on the same one until Cohen knows it and understands it, then move to the next.
Our "virtues" consist of contentment, forgiving, helpful, obedient, diligent, gentle, kind, honest and attentive. We are going to start the year out with content being our virtue. This will be something that I will focus on teaching the boys (AND MYSELF). We have crafts, stories, etc to read with each virtue as well as the fruits of the spirit.
This is our workbox system.
This is the box with all Cohen's assignments for the day. Each day he will have something different in the boxes. Once he completes one he can take the #1 off and move to the second one, and so on. These are closed ended activities like puzzles, theme printables, ABC projects from Crafty ABCs. Once all three are done he can do any open ended activity like playing with playdoh, building something, free coloring, etc.
So whats in the boxes today?
Tag reader, we will work on sounding out letters and reading.
The second box has beads in a pattern that he is to repeat with his own set of beads. This will help his fine motor skills and his hand eye coordination. We will do this a few times with different patterns.
I love this workbox system I got from my favorite homeschool blog! 1+1+1=1. This will help keep him excited to move through the boxes and complete his work and it forces me to be organized seeing that everyday he will have 3 new activities/assignments in his boxes to complete. Once he can get the hang of doing 3 we can add more boxes :)
Caleb will also have some fun activities to do while Cohen is doing his school. I have some games and fun crafts and books we will do so he can work on his colors, numbers, shapes, etc.
Hope you enjoyed a preview into our homeschool preschool!
We are excited :)






3 comments:
You seem fully ready to teach. How exciting! PS. Doesn't 1+1+1=3?!?! HAHA. I'm a little nervous about what you are teaching them. HE HE.
Hi Ashley! It's Allyson (you know from the Target parking lot - haha).
We are homeschooling as well and start kindergarten with Faith this year. Love your poster with the laminated pages! I can relate to the laminating obsession. Thanks for sharing your ideas. Keep 'em coming!
Awesome, Ash! you're all organized and ready to go.. Me on the other hand, not so much! We'll be on the delayed after-Labor-Day schedule! ;)
Post a Comment