On Wednesday August 8th my Papa Denning passed away. Although I was sad that he was no longer here on earth, I was also happy because now he is singing in Heaven with Jesus!
I loved my papa Denning so much and have so many memories of my childhood with him! I drove down to NC Saturday to be with my family and to attend the funeral. My grandfather was a pastor for many years and 2 pastors came to speak at his funeral about how much he loved the Lord and even read us things that were found in his files from the Church. My papa Denning LOVED to eat at Wilburs BBQ. Everytime anything happened, I mean anything we would always go there. :) So after the service it was only fitting to go eat some good BBQ. (I had to cheat my diet for that!) The church that he once ministered at even paid for us all to go. And Wilbur himself came to speak to us and tell us how much he admired my grandfather.
My grandfathers favorite scripture was 2 Timothy 2:15. Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.
Something very special happened the day my grandfather passed away. My good friend Lisa gave birth to her son, Hank! How amazing that the Lord can take and the Lord can give. It truly was a miracle. I found much joy in that day.



2 comments:
I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks like he was a special little grandpa. I am so glad he knew the Lord and is happy to rest peacefully in His arms. Love you! PS. Even happier you got a good meal.
oh wow, just now seeing this & i got teary eyed hearing about the service. & wilber's. we have a lot of good memories to cherish.
Post a Comment