November 20, 2010
(11 days before due date)
(4 days before scheduled C section)
Saturday morning (3am) contractions were starting to wake me up. They were coming every 8 minutes or so, I wasn't too concerned b/c they were so far apart but knowing that they were consistent was telling me something :) They continued until Zach woke up for work. They were still 7-8 minutes apart so I told Zach to go to work, and to keep his phone on him.(4 days before scheduled C section)
Luckily my mother came over as soon as Zach left to help me with Cohen b/c they were getting stronger and I couldn't function and take care of Cohen. I went into cleaning mode just in case I was going to be gone for days! I was washing sheets, windexing, washing floors, etc. Well correction, my mom did many of these things for me! I spoke to Zach around 11am and told him he could come home since my contractions were now 5 minutes apart and I didn't know when the doctor would want me to come into the hospital since I was having a C section. I didn't know if the timing of the contractions mattered to them.. I finally broke down and called Dr. on call and he recommended I come in and get checked.
Still waiting on Zach....... no word. His phone was dead. My contractions were so strong and every 3 minutes. I called Zachs gma to come watch Cohen while my mom took me to the hospital, when and if we got a hold a Zach he could meet us there. As we were going down the driveway, Zach was coming up! PRAISE GOD! We rushed to the hospital. I was checked and I was 7-8cm dilated, full bag of water about to burst and 100% effaced. I was admitted.
I got up into my L & D room, my mom and Zachs mom met us there and Cohen had plans to stay with Momaw. Around 2pm I was 10cm. Dr. suggested we wait and let Caleb drop a little more before I started pushing. I knew I wanted a VBAC as soon as I knew I had no temperature, and that I was already over half way there dilating. Around 3pm I started to push. (WITH EPIDURAL). And at 6:34pm Caleb joined us, weighing in at 8 lbs 7oz!!!!! and 22 in long!!! :) Caleb was facing downward and during delivery he tried to turn himself around. This is what he got for doing that.....
A CONEHEAD! Poor baby. It was so pathetic.
Look how far out it stuck.
Yes, Zach and I felt shallow but we asked the dr's
"um, is this gonna go down"
they assured us it would :)
1st picture. POOR POOR HEAD
So precious! Love this one!
Me holding my baby boy.
Cohen came to meet Caleb. Hmmm. He didn't know
what to think.
First family photo :)
Doctors were right! His conehead went
away and he is healthy as ever.
So blessed for such a wonderful delivery, and such a beautiful and healthy baby boy. We can't wait to get to know Caleb and his personality.

No comments:
Post a Comment