If I ask Cohen "where is brother?" he will come and lift up my shirt, yes he has to lift it up and see bare belly. Somtimes that requires lifting up my shirt, and then pulling down the stretch material on my pants, which he does. We have been checking out many many books from the library about being a "big brother" and Cohen seems to understand as much as he can. So proud of him!
Then, I will say "Can you kiss him"? And Cohen always does. The other day he tried to feed my belly his milk from his sippy. Lets hope he doesn't attempt to drown Caleb when hes here with his attempts at feedings! I had an experience of keeping my nephew the other day. He and Cohen ran in circles, forever just chasing each other and laughing, there was also an instance where Cohen pulled Colts hair, and then Colt bit Cohen. So just in this 2 hours of watching this interaction, I got a "sneak peek" at life with two boys. They love each other but will fight like crazy and I will lose my patience, thankfully I can seek God when this happens and hopefully maintain myself :)
As much as it saddens me to see Cohen no longer be my only child, it makes me so happy to know that he will have a sibling, so close in age, that he can play with, entertain, love, yell at, and hopefully be best friends with. I worry about how Zach and I will share our love "evenly" between the two but I know that God has graced us with enough love to go around.
I already love the thought of being a mother of two..... boys : )
I already love the thought of being a mother of two..... boys : )

2 comments:
Ashely you're going to be a GREAT Mom to two boys...you're already a wonderful Mom to Cohen :) It's getting SO SO close...I can't wait to meet that sweet boy!!!!!
Ryan said this morning that he would love to help out with Cohen once Cale arrives and you need a little bit of a break or Cohen needs a break :) The boys will have fun playing at our house!
Post a Comment