A thanksgiving tradition that I would like to start, well we started this year was an "I am thankful.... board." Everyday during the month of November we update it with a new thanks. They are not allowed to be generic things such a family, health, etc. We of course are thankful for these things but we are trying to put more thought into these and not just writing something to write something.
For example, Saturday was we are thankful for clean water, which I know that Brett, Jonathan and Scottie will not have easy access too while in Uganda later this month, and other places of course whom do not have clean water. Yesterday was "we are thankful for heat in our home ,it was soo chilly!" And then today, since Zach left for Maine, Cohen and I put that we were thankful for daddys job. So many are still without work. So we are beyond thankful for this job regardless of its "inconveniences."
Cohen does not understand the "giving thanks" board by any means. But every morning during breakfast I write on it and "discuss" it with Cohen, even if he isn't listening. One day maybe.... :)
Now regarding Christmas, thats another post within itself, I'll post that one later. Zach and I have been discussing this for some time so I will post when it gets closer!
20 days until sweet Caleb will be in my arms
:)
:)

3 comments:
really sweet! i have a gratitude journal that i started keeping after tag died. i would write 5 things i'm thankful for in it each day. i don't always write in it everyday now, but i think it really helps shift perspective in a positive way. :) we're so close to seeing our babies!! i loved the brother post! cohen is so sweet! & it'll be so nice for them to have each other (fights included)..... i know i'm super thankful for my sissy! even though we've had our ups & downs!! i love you so much & you mean the world to me!!
What a grea idea! I am also starting to consider some Christmas traditions that we might begin this year, since I think V is old enough to understand...let's throw around some ideas together sometime!
I love this Ashely. I might make my chalk board all about what we are thankful for until Thanksgiving is over. I mean after all, nothing in my house screams thanksgiving since we are already decorated for Christmas. I HAVE MOUNDS of Christmas traditions. Tell Lisa to talk to me :)
Post a Comment