I have been reading "Becoming a Woman Who Pleases God", for like the past year, literally. LOL.
I am very inspired by this!
I am very inspired by this!
The first chapter talks about how a wise woman builds her home and the 11 principles of the wise woman. thought i would share :)
1. virtuous = moral excellence, right actions, being noble, pure and true. (Phil 4:8-9)
2. trustworthy= honesty, integrity, reliability. (Colossians 2:10)
3. energetic= strength and power (Proverbs 31:10-31)
4. physically fit= suitable, proper, and fit (Proverbs 31:17)
5. economical= this challenges us to refrain from being wasting time, money, or any other resource (Proverbs 31;18)
6. unselfish= selfishness is sin. (Proverbs 6: 16-19)
7. prepared= this principle goes on to state that wise women are to be prepared for any event instead of jumping from crisis to crisis. (Jeremiah 17:7-8)
8. honorable= having integrity (1 Peter 3:3-4)
9. prudent= implying wisdom and careful consideration of consequences, especially with the use of our tongue (Ecclesiastes 10:12-14)
10. lovable= kindness, generosity, intense love for others (Acts 10:34)
11. God fearing= a reverential trust in God, including the hatred of evil (Romans 12:9) (James 4:7).
(these have MANY scripture references)
These are the 11 principles that are presented in Proverbs 31. I strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman in everything I do.
:)
If you do not have this book I highly recommend it. It is very encouraging!!!!!!
It is written by Pat Ennis and Lisa Tatlock with a foreword by John Macarthur

1 comment:
Sounds very NOURISHING for my soul. I'll have to get a copy. Thank you for this!
Post a Comment