Total Pageviews


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

birthday fever!

A sweet little boy in this house is about to have a birthday : )  Ever since he learned to say when his birthday was he has been asking "is it this week or next". 

This calender courtesy of Interstate Battery. Zach was so thrilled he brought it home and put it right in Cohen's room! (proud Lisa?)  :)

 He is not getting a party this year but we will make sure to celebrate in other small ways!
Today we made a chain link to hang in his room so he can pull one off everyday until his birthday!

here he is explaining his links...

: )

In anticipation of his birthday coming up we also did this today...
 I wrapped a gift and let him open it. (the gift was a measuring cup out of the pantry) and let him practice showing gratitude when opening it. He is practicing saying "thank you for my _______. I will use it to ________.


It was cute b/c he opened it and had to think (aka I had to probe him along) of a reason he would use it.


His response  "Thanks mommy for my red cup, I will use it to help you make those cupcakes you eat all the time." {truth comes out}


Happy almost birthday to a sweet almost 3 year old :)

2 comments:

BollingWith5 said...

You are such a good momma! Love all of your ideas you do with Cohen. Please keep sending them my way. I don't have all of those great websites that you have. I am toying WITH NOT having a party for the kids too since we have some major "renovations" taking place and they will all be getting new bedrooms, but I do have ONE idea in mind so their day doesn't go uncelebrated with their friends and it should be inexpensive, fairly low-key and memorable. I will use these ideas though to help them learn gratitude as well. A measuring cup! LOL! Hilarious. You have one creative mind. PS. Makes me think of the Jimmy Kimble youtube video. He asks parents to present awful gifts to their child and present it to them and record their reactions. It is hysterical. The very end of the video is "bad", but if you can watch it... do it! It's funny. One idea a parent wrapped a half eaten sandwich.

Sarah said...

This is a great idea! I love practicing showing gratitude...and the chain links. I think I am going to steal that for "When will baby brother be here" and his Birthday. We too are toying with the idea of not having a birthday party this year. Seamus will be a month old, and I don't know if I can be that pulled together, and Cyrus's birthday is Easter weekend, and we leave a few days later for Boston b/c Ryan is running the Marathon - think we may just have his party in Boston with family.